Thursday 19 April 2012

EVALUATION - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?

Our main character, the blonde female does not feature i  my ancillary tasks. I chose to not include her and use the hooded figure instead as I felt this was more enticing. I feel that by having her on the cover and poster alongside the figure it may have revealed too much, whereas just having the figure on it's own leaves the mind to think about why it is there and what it might have to do with the story.
Naomi Wolf, an American feminist states that images of attractive women are used to sell products suggesting that women aspire to be like one another and also there is that extra chance that the product being sold will attract men if there is an attractive woman part of the advertising. Arguably, our main character could fall into this category which would make this theory suitable for our project. We hope that both gender will want to see the film.
Knowing that my main character features heavily in the trailer, this is another reason why I left her out of the ancillary tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment