Friday, 16 March 2012

Editing Process

Whilst editing the trailer together, several changes have been made....

- When uploading all the footage onto imovie, as a group we decided to film some extra shots to ensure the narrative made sense.

- Also as a group, we changed the narrative slightly and many parts that we had already filmed got scrapped. We narrowed down our narrative to make it more precise.

- The most significant change made has been the music which accompanies the film. This has changed several times due to many factors
- it wasn't loud enough/it was too loud
- it wasnt fittig with what you could visually see on the screen
- it wasn't fitting with genre too well

After several attempts however we have all reached an outcome which we are happy with

Monday, 12 March 2012

Thoughts so far....

At the beginning of our filming experience, our initial storyboard had no annotations on it and as a group we were pretty set on what we wanted to film. However, as filming progressed it was evident that our storyboard only covered the foundations of our trailer and that actually, a lot more would have to be added. Instead of creating another storyboard, we were spontaneous with our filming. We experimented with a lot more camera angles and developed our narrative. When we now compare our footage and our storyboard, there is a huge difference in the two. Our actual footage is far more developed and succesful than if we had strictly stuck to our storyboard. By annotating the storyboard, it helped us massively when filming.

Email To Paramount

Due to the fact that we are wanting to use parts of Paranormal Activity soundtracks, as a group we have to email Paramount ( the production company) to ask for permission.

Filming Process

Tuesday 31st January - Filmed all bedroom scenes, but when looking at them on the computer, the lighting was all wrong.

Wendesday 15th February - Filmed all bedroom scenes for the second time. Had trouble with lighting as we wanted the scenes to be as if they were in the middle of the night. Satisfied with end result however (:

Sunday 26th February - Good filming session! Got all of the scenes that feature in the dream filmed! Very cold outside but was worth it in the end!

Monday 27th February - Due to film but to unexpected rain showers, filming had to be called off. :(

Thursday 1st March - Originally, we were meant to be filming after school only, but after cacelling Monday's session, we also filmed in the morning. All remaining outdoor shots were filmed including some extra filler shots and some inside shots were also filmed.

Sunday 11th March - After looking at all of the shots filmed on the computer and placing them in the order they are due to feature in the trailer some shots were missing. These were filmed today! Succesful and we think we are all done (: